Google AdSense allows bloggers and marketers to earn revenue by placing ads on their sites.
If you want to make more money, identifying niches and keywords that offer the most significant payouts is an excellent place to start.
The most profitable niches for AdSense are the ones that companies and ad networks pay the most money for a single ad click. The cost per click (CPC) of ads differs based on the niche, the location, and the ad size.
Now here’s the deal:
With AdSense arbitrage, you can drive paid traffic to your site and get ad clicks from site visitors. Since you are sharing revenue with Google for clicks on your ads, you can buy traffic at a lower cost and remain profitable.
In this article, we will review some of the best niches and keywords that will help you rake in more revenue from ads.
Best Niches For AdSense Arbitrage
Insurance tops the list as the most profitable niche for AdSense. Companies and agents operating in the insurance industry will most likely pay more money for ads and this is because they can generate a massive return on investment (ROI) for each ad click that translates into a sale.
Bloggers and websites can take advantage of content opportunities in the insurance industry. They can discuss topics such as
- Health insurance
- Automobile insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Pet insurance
- Home insurance and more
The competition for blogs and websites in the insurance niche is more intense. However, with quality articles, SEO practices, and relevant keywords, you can
- Boost your page rankings
- Drive a vast amount of quality traffic to your site
- Ultimately enjoy higher revenue from Ads that are served to your website
Average CPC / PPC Costs for Insurance
Cost per click refers to the amount of money that advertisers in that niche are willing to pay for ads. It is also the amount of money that website owners earn each time a visitor clicks an advertisement on their site.
For insurance ads, the average cost per click may differ based on the country and location.
Based on data from WordStream, the average cost per click (CPC) for car insurance in the US is $67.39. Other insurance CPCs for the US include
- Homeowners insurance – $68.70
- Health insurance – $22.33
- Life insurance – $41.99
The insurance industry also leads AdSense arbitrage in other regions, including the UK, Australia, and Canada.
In the UK, the average CPC cost for
- Public liability insurance is $40.94
- Life insurance is $50.20
- Landlord insurance stands at $20.52
- Car insurance is $9.34
In Australia, the average CPCs for these keywords are
- Health insurance, $42.33
- Life insurance, $74.28
- Car insurance, $17.17
- House insurance, $20.00
Canada has a similar experience. The average CPCs are
- Home insurance, $31.80
- Car insurance, $37.37
- Liability insurance, $14.91
The best paying keywords in the insurance niche involves a healthy mix of keywords with
- Keywords with high CPC
- Keywords with high search volumes
Bloggers should consider including a blend of these keyword categories in their blog posts.
Let us take a look at some of the expensive insurance related keywords in the US.
- Geico insurance has a CPC of $52.82
- Instant auto insurance quote has a CPC of $89.27
- Get auto insurance online has a CPC of $90.02
- Purchase auto insurance online earns a CPC of $91.75
- Auto insurance quotes online has a CPC of $82.37
Some of the most popular insurance-related keywords in the US includes
- Farmers Insurance with monthly search volumes of 450,000
- Farm insurance with a monthly search volume of 450,000
- Car insurance earns 368,000 searches every month
- Travel insurance has a monthly search of 368,000
Online education is another niche with high-profit potential for AdSense arbitrage.
In the past few years, online education and digital learning have witnessed massive adoption and growth. Statistics show that the e-learning market will hit over $2.6 billion by 2023 in the Latin America industry.
Students and professionals are taking advantage of the opportunity to acquire skills and qualifications. More so, there are a lot of online learning platforms offering free and paid online courses including
- Harvard online
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly known as Lynda)
Some of these platforms pay more money to place ads on publisher sites in specific locations. Website owners can latch onto the opportunities that exist in this niche. They can write about topics related to
- Free online courses
- Paid online courses
- Online bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- E-learning programs for corporate organizations
- Online college programs
They can even drill down and focus on specific subjects including
- Business and entrepreneurship
- Digital marketing
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Arts and Crafts, and more
Again, data from SEMRush shows that the average CPC for the online education niche is $16.06.
Some of the top-paying keywords in this industry include
- Online classes with a CPC of $113.30
- Associate degrees online with a CPC of $46.92
- Online colleges with a CPC $92.37
- Online school with a CPC of $48.65
- Best online colleges with a CPC of $39.95
The popular keywords in this niche include
- Udemy with a monthly search volume of 550,000
- College- search volume of 368,000 every month
- Coursera – monthly search volume of 246,000 every month
- Pluralsight – 165,000 searches every month
- Training – 110,000 searches monthly
Marketing is a core aspect of any business and websites with marketing and advertising contents enjoy massive readership from visitors. More so, they enjoy high revenue payouts from AdSense. These blogs provide insight into marketing strategies that can help businesses grow.
They explore topics such as
- Digital marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Google AdWords
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Launching a product
- Traditional advertising
- Advertising and public relations (PR)
- Brand management
- Market research
In the marketing and advertising niche, the average PPC cost in the US is $8.45. In the UK, the average PPC cost is $6.50. Australia’s average CPC costs for marketing and advertising is $4.12. Canada has an average CPC cost of $3.54 for this niche.
In the US, email marketing tools top the list for the highest paying keywords with a CPC of $61.81. Ecommerce SEO has a CPC of $38.55. Local internet advertising has a CPC of $40.64. The CPC for Internet marketing company stands at $27.98. SEO consulting services have a CPC of $22.42.
PR and SEO lead the pack of keywords with the highest search volume in this niche. They have monthly search volumes of 135,000. Logo design has a search volume of 110,000 per month, while advertisement has a search volume of 90,500 per month. Also, marketing has a monthly search volume of 90,500.
The legal niche is another goldmine for AdSense arbitrage. Legal services are essential for businesses and individuals. Whether you want to register a new business, write a will, sell a property, or resolve conflicts, you need legal advice.
Consulting and legal services offered by law firms and attorneys do not come cheap. Lawyers and attorneys pay more for ads, thereby making it one of the top-paying AdSense niches.
Legal bloggers can focus on quality posts that offer legal advice. They can explore topics such as
- Advice on specific law practice areas such as business law, injury or insurance law, divorce, and child support
- Step by step guides explaining what individuals should do when they have legal issues
- Recent changes in legislation and legal processes
- Commentary and breakdown of trending and high profile legal cases
- Technological advancements in the legal industry
- Advice to lawyers fresh out of law school
- Upcoming legal events and more
From the SEMRush data, the average CPC cost for the legal niche in the US is $8.68. Canada has an average CPC cost of $4.25.
Australia has an average CPC of $2.19 while the UK PPC cost stands at $1.98.
Based on data for Moz keyword research tool, we will highlight some of the high paying keywords available for this niche.
- Traductor (Legal translator) has a monthly search volume of 4,441,481 searches
- Attorney – monthly search volume of 84,997 searches
- Lawyer – monthly search volume of 72,682
- Judge – search volume of 46,180 per month.
- Barrister has a monthly search volume of 30,313 searches
- Prosecutor has a monthly search volume of 30,455 searches.
The internet and telecom niche is broad and covers a wide range of topics including
- Wireless technology
- Mobile technology
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Virtual reality
- Big data and more
Technology is evolving at a swift pace. More so, it has changed the way we live and interact with people.
Every day, there are amazing discoveries, products, apps, and tech solutions. And while some new startups are emerging, some companies are folding up.
The competition in the tech space is fierce. Companies are ready to make massive investments in ads. So this represents a lucrative niche for AdSense arbitrage.
Some of the ideas for bloggers in this space include
- Tech news and predictions
- Disruptions in the tech space.
- Software and technology review
- Gadget reviews
- Software usage tips and troubleshooting
- Computer and mobile repairs
According to the SEMRush CPC Map tool, the average CPC for this niche is $5.80 in the US. In the UK, the average CPC is $6.25.
The top-paying keywords under this niche in the UK include
- Internet security firewall with a CPC of $155.13
- Network firewall security with a CPC of $98.93
- Firewall security – CPC of $81.13
- Three mobile broadband – CPC of $37.48
Let’s take a look at the search volume for keywords in this niche.
- Mobile phones have 90,500 searches every month
- Internet earns 74,000 searches every month
- Data protection act has a monthly search volume of 33,100
- Big data has a monthly search volume of 27,100 and
- Cyber Security has a monthly search volume of 22,200
The wave of technology and innovation is impacting financial institutions. Banks are investing more money in online and digital banking solutions. Customers are now banking and managing their finances from the comfort of their sofa.
They can pay bills, transfer funds, and manage transactions on their devices. While banks are closing in on the opportunities in the digital payment space, fintech companies are also enjoying a fair share of the market.
The competition in the online banking space makes it a viable niche for AdSense arbitrage.
Some of the ideas for bloggers in this space include
- Online banking strategies and investment
- The future of digital payments
- Online payment solutions
- Innovations in the online banking sector
- Digital banking trends in the year 2020
- The role of ATMs in the digital banking era
- Online banking and its role in personal financial management
- Tips for safe and secure online banking
- Role of digital payments in driving business growth and more
According to SEMRush data, the average CPC for the online banking niche in the US is $8.86. In Australia, the PPC cost is $6.24. The UK has a PPC cost of $3.57 while Canada has $4.25.
Moz Keyword Explorer reveals the online banking related keywords with the highest search volumes in the US. They include:
- Paypal login – 1,324,668 searches
- Paypal – 14,568,435 searches
- Google Wallet – 192,440 searches
- Online banking – 191,674 searches
- Apple Pay – 196,855 searches
Cryptocurrency has become a hot topic over the past few years. While many countries have become advocates of cryptocurrency, some are gradually monitoring the trend. The top cryptocurrencies include
- Bitcoin Ethereum
- Bitcoin Cash
- Binance Coin
- Bitcoin SV
According to Blockchain.com, Bitcoin had an average of 250,000 daily transactions in April 2022. More so, the bitcoin market capitalization reached $600 billion dollars in June 2021.
Although this niche is still in its infancy, the future looks promising. Many cryptocurrency investments and trading firms invest in ads to promote trade.
Therefore, this niche represents an untapped potential for AdSense arbitrageurs.
Furthermore, bloggers can explore hot topics like
- Investing in cryptocurrency: Risk and returns
- Top cryptocurrency exchanges in 2020
- The future of blockchain technology
- The role of blockchain technology in education and business
- Implementing blockchain banking in banks and other financial institutions
- Cryptocurrency and taxation
- How to make smart investments in cryptocurrency
The cryptocurrency niche looks promising in Australia, with an average CPC cost of $7.15. In the US, the average CPC is $7.27, while the UK has an average CPC cost of $5.37.
In Australia, some of the most expensive keywords for this niche include
- How to buy cryptocurrency in Australia – CPC cost of $50.51
- AUD bitcoin exchange – CPC cost of $ 37.22
- Cheapest bitcoin exchange – CPC cost of $34
- Kraken exchange – CPC costs of $32.13
- Cryptocurrency trading sites with a CPC cost of $31.49
The most popular keywords include
- Bitcoin price – 201,000 monthly searches
- Bitcoin – 135,000 searches every month
- coinmarketcap- 74,000 searches every month
- BTC markets – monthly search volume of 74000
- BTC – 49,500 searches every month
According to Moz Keyword Explorer, the monthly search volume for “bitcoin price” is 1,008,880.
Home and Garden is one of the most significant niches for AdSense arbitrage. Just as the saying goes, “The home is where the heart is.” Home improvements make lives easier, better, and increase feelings of peace and security.
This niche covers everything including
- Home decor and design
- Garden supplies
- Kitchen and dining
- Pet products
- Furniture and fixtures
- Gardening and landscaping and more
Retail giants like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and Ikea are cashing in on the opportunities in that space. Websites focusing on this niche can enjoy massive payouts from AdSense arbitrage.
They can focus on topics such as
- Home improvement ideas in 2022
- Popular house styles
- DIY home improvement tips
- Things you should look out for when buying a home
- Home automation ideas, and more
SEMRush reveals that the home and garden niche in the US has an average CPC of $4.29. Canada enjoys an average CPC of $3.18.
Based on data from Moz keyword research tool, the popular keywords related to this niche include
- Home – monthly search volume of 1,027,380
- Home improvement – 175,759 searches every month
- Landscaping – monthly search volume of 101,332
- Garden – monthly search volume of 76,660
- Home improvement loans – 21,776 searches every month
- House remodeling – 7,008 monthly searches.
The automobile industry is one of the world’s largest and wealthiest sectors of the global economy. Statistics reveal that the industry will hit $9 trillion by 2030.
Major players in the industry include companies involved in the design, manufacturing, and selling of cars. Also, after-sales support and part manufacturers are key success drivers in the industry.
Furthermore, automobile dealerships are the connecting piece between manufacturers and car buyers. They sell new and used vehicles to meet customer needs. Dealerships enjoy profits from sales and after-sales services.
Although very few sales happen online, online ads can drive offline conversions.
Car companies invest lots of money on advertisements. Therefore, this niche is profitable for AdSense arbitrage.
Hot blog topics in this niche include
- Feature by feature comparison of cars
- Car upgrades by year added features and benefits
- Vehicle repairs and maintenance tips
- Car and driving safety tips
- Vehicle parts and functions
- Car insurance policies
- Local driving laws and tax laws
- Features to look out for before buying a vehicle
Again data from SEMRush reveals that the average CPC for automobile dealerships in the US is $4.82. Canada has an average CPC of $3.18.
Moz keyword research tool shows that the top-performing keywords in the US include
- Cargurus – 2,671,986 searches every month
- Autotrader – 2,494,726 searches every month
- Carmax – 1,936,982 searches every month
- Carvana – 1,622,052 searches monthly
- Car guru – 686,294 searches every month
- Used cars – 556,941 searches every month.
Health and fitness have remained one of the most profitable AdSense niches for many years. Just as the saying goes, “health is wealth.”
Over the years, health experts have stressed the importance of fitness and exercise. It helps individuals maintain good physical, social, and mental well-being. More so, it improves the overall quality of life.
Because humans want to live long, this niche has a huge demand for quality informational articles. Article ideas may include
- Tips for maintaining physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle
- Weight loss tips for men and women
- Benefits of regular physical activity
- Tips for healthy eating
- Health and fitness guides for gyms and instructors
- Early morning workouts and fitness exercises for the elderly
SEMRush reveals that the fitness and wellness niche in the US has an average CPC of $3.61.
Based on data from the Moz keyword research tool, the popular keywords in this niche include
- How to lose weight – 109,092 searches every month
- Exercise bike – 98,360 per month
- Fitness – monthly search volume of 81,414
- Men’s health – monthly search volume of 51,200
- Fitness blender – 46,162 searches every month
- Health news – 17,939 monthly searches
Disclaimer: The CPC values enumerated in this post are based on results we acquired from the SEO tools (WordStream, Moz, and SEMRush) during the research for this write-up.
Hence, they are subject to change due to fluctuations from the SEO tools; however, the difference should be minimal.
Photo by 200 Degrees via Pixabay
AdSense is a program that allows website owners to place targeted ads on their sites and earn money from clicks. The ads are served by Google and are based on the content of the site.
In essence, Google has a vast network of advertisers who are willing to pay for clicks on their ads, so AdSense is a profitable way to monetize a website.
The most profitable niches for AdSense are those with high traffic and high ad click-through rates (CTRs). Niches with high traffic but low CTRs will not generate as much revenue, and niches with low traffic but high CTRs will not generate enough traffic to make up for the low CTR.
To maximize AdSense revenue, it is important to choose a niche with high traffic and high CTRs. Some of the most profitable niches for AdSense include business, technology, healthcare, and finance.
Photo by Firmbee via Pixabay
Yes, AdSense arbitrage is still profitable today and even beyond. Although the profitability of AdSense arbitrage has decreased over the years, there are still many people who are able to make a full-time income from it.
There is no one answer to this question as it depends on a variety of factors, such as the niche you are in, the traffic you are able to generate, and the amount of competition you face.
That said, AdSense arbitrage can be a profitable way to make money online if you are able to find a niche with low competition and generate a decent amount of traffic.
No, AdSense arbitrage is not illegal. However, it is important to note that Google has strict policies in place regarding the use of their AdSense program, and they do not tolerate any type of illegal AdSense practice.
Nevertheless, I will recommend that you create quality content on your website and then optimize your website according to the Google AdSense guidelines if you intend to engage in AdSense arbitrage.
We have reviewed some of the best niches for AdSense arbitrage.
It is no secret that some niches are more lucrative than others. Companies will derive more value and pay more for ad impressions on websites that connect to their target audience.
The insurance industry tops the charts for the most profitable niche for AdSense arbitrage. This niche has the highest average CPC cost and top paying keywords.
Insurance companies and agents have substantial advertising budgets. They place multiple ads in top quality sites to increase brand awareness and acquire more leads.
Furthermore, lead conversion in this niche generates higher returns on investment (ROI).
Other niches like online education, marketing, and advertising also offer huge AdSense profits.
If you want to achieve success as an AdSense arbitrageur, here are some tips that may help you.
- Choose the niche with the highest payout
- Focus on creating quality content that will drive traffic to your site. Remember, content is king.
- Use top paying and popular keywords to improve page rankings.
- Optimize your website to enjoy more value from Google AdSense.
Find a niche that matches your interests from this list and sweep into action now.